Wheatgrass contains chemicals that might have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory (swelling) activity, which is why some people think it might be helpful for ulcerative colitis. It also contains a chemical that seems to kill bacterial infections.
It helps neutralize toxins and environmental pollutants in the body. This is because Wheatgrass contains beneficial enzymes that help protect us from carcinogens, including Superoxide Disumates (SOD), that lessens the effects of radiation and digest toxins in the body. It cleanses the body from head to toe of any heavy metals, pollutants and other toxins that may be stored in the body's tissues and organs.
Best immune booster, good blood builder.
1. Wheatgrass juice is an effective healer because it contains all minerals known to man, and vitamins A, B-complex, C, E, l and K. It is extremely rich in protein, and contains 17 amino acids, the building blocks of protein.
2. Wheatgrass is used for increasing production of hemoglobin, the chemical in red blood cells that carries oxygen.
3. Improving blood sugar disorders, such as diabetes; preventing tooth decay; improving wound healing; and preventing bacterial infections.
4. It is also used for removing deposits of drugs, heavy metals, and cancer-causing agents from the body; and for removing toxins from the liver and blood.
5. Removing drugs, metals, toxins, and cancer-causing substances from the body.
Take one rounded teaspoon (approx. 3.5 gms) of powder daily in the morning for maintaining good health or as recommended by the physician. It should ideally be taken on empty stomach before meals.